Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Ever Higher 2019




Ever Higher is an escape for you to be inspired to live differently. As I begin this long and rewarding journey of blogging|vlogging|writing, it is my prayer that in everything, you wouldn't see me or my opinions, but only the truths that my God has already given me to share with you. 


As I begin to post, it can be really awkward since I don't know who is reading this or why they are doing it. It's easy to feel alone and vulnerable and all jumbled up, so to make it easy on my mind and your heart, I just want us to pretend that we're having a good heart-to-heart conversation over an iced chai tea latte. (Homemade, obviously, since this girl's allergic to caffeine) 

Good conversations usually have a good topic which leads back to a good idea which leads to a good mind which leads back to a good heart which leads back to a good person. But, you and I both know that we ain't exactly good, but the person whose identity we've taken on is good. Because of that, I hope that every word that escapes my mouth would not be my own, but Jesus through me. Only then will I be able to clearly communicate the truths that we all need to hear. 

The first "official" post is always the hardest. So, I'm going to just share with you the things that you can expect from Ever Higher in 2019, along with the things you won't find. 


First of all, one thing you can expect is faithfulness. 


Faithfulness doesn't mean a schedule. Faithfulness means always coming back. I might not have a strict schedule and I might take a long break every now and then. But I promise to be faithful. 

Another thing you can expect is flawed content. 


This girl is not perfect. And anyone else who posts on here isn't either. Because of that, our content won't be perfect either. But, you can always anticipate Godly truths and Jesus centered encouragement no matter what. 


Third thing you can absolutely anticipate is repetition. 

I repeat myself all the time. And I'm going to be the same person on page and in video as I am in person. I'm going to be real. I'm going to share with you things that are so important, that you need to hear them 19 times. 

I like to say, if I repeat it, God wants me to say it again. If I forget it, He didn't want me to say it. 

Some of my posts might look oddly similar in format and content. But that just means it is an extra special topic that is totally worth repetition. ;) 


Last thing you can expect is realness. 

To the absolute furthest of my power, I'm going to be real with you guys. You're going to hear stories from my life that might be light and sweet, or really heavy and hard to read. But each of them will always lead to Jesus and the ways He has changed my life. 

Being fake never leads to anything good. Yeah, it's easy to try to make yourself look good, but in the end, who will change? We're all super similar. In 1 Corinthians 10:13, we read that nothing has overcome us that isn't common to other people. My thought is: if we never share with others our struggles and trials, how will anyone ever become different? 




These are a few things that you can always expect. An overload of valuable Bible verses, testimonies, fun stories, and music suggestions will also come your way more often than not on Ever Higher. 

Yes, we will have some incredible articles. But I also am starting up the adventure of vlogging! Every now and then, I'll spice things up with a fun vlog that could range anywhere from a personal testimony to a makeup tutorial. I have some things up my sleeve, but would love to hear from YOU on what you want to see on Ever Higher in 2019. 

It's your turn now! At the end of every post, I'll have some conversation starters so y'all can go hit up the comments. 

Today, I'd love to hear what you guys want to see on Ever Higher this year and in the future! What would impact you the most? What topics interest you and your friends the greatest? How do you think we can reach out to the world more with the content we post? 

You're the reason this blog is happening and you are amazing! Let's be world changers together each and every day. 


P.S. Friday begins our first series: "In The Word"  Be sure to get involved! 



8 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about this new blog, Brooke! I would love to see some makeup tutorials! *squeals* I don't know how to do any cool makeup stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Lilly! I am excited to see what God does with it!

      That sounds like a plan. ;)

      |Brooke|

      Delete
  2. Hair/makeup tutorials!!! But I think that a great topic to do would be where your identity is found...I know lots of girls struggle with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is a fantastic topic! Thanks for bringing that up. I'll definitely add that to the list...

      Thanks for your comment!

      |Brooke|

      Delete
  3. Oh Brooke, this is so beautiful. You are so beautiful, inside and out. And yes, I don't know why I found this webpage now but I know it was God's purpose that I do.

    As for a topic... Something that I think I'd like to hear (which you are definitely touching on) is more about how to stand for truth in a changing, materialistic world; not defining yourself by how you think other people view you. This would be a beautiful reminder coming from your incredibly authentic voice -- God's voice through you.

    You don't have to plan out this topic though; in order that you write from God's heart. :) I'll be keeping up, though! Ever higher, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, this comment so encouraged my heart!

      Whoever you are, (I'd love to know a name if you don't mind sharing!) you are so incredibly loved and God's love is pouring out in your words. That means so much to me as I trust Jesus in this journey! He doesn't do things on accident!

      Thank you SO much for your precious note and for your topic suggestion. :) That is funny because I already have a topic so similar to this one on the menu for the next couple of weeks. Keep your eyes out!

      |Brooke|

      Delete
    2. Oh, so sorry, I didn't notice that I didn't put my name... This is Alina:)

      I will definitely keep my eyes out! Thank you for letting God inspire me through you; you'll never fully know what a blessing you are!!

      Delete
    3. Oh, it is no problem at all! Thanks for your comments, Alina!

      Please feel free to share with friends and family! If they're anything like you, I'd love to be able to get to know them through the blog as well. :)

      |Brooke|

      Delete

as we say in TX, no cussing |be encouraging| remember Philippians 4:8